Admission to PhD Programme in Science Education – 2020
- Interest in science and mathematics education
- Flair for teaching and writing
- Curiosity about how students learn
- Critical and analytical skills
- Commitment to improving education
Science and mathematics teachers and educators are also encouraged to apply. They would have to spend a minimum of two years at HBCSE and can undertake research while stationed at their parent institutions.
To apply online, to download the form and for more information about the admission please visit: http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in/admissions/.
For more information about the PhD Programme please visit: http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in/graduate-school
Note: This is a programme in education. It is not a pure or applied science research programme.
Areas of Research (More details at http://www.hbcse.tifr.res.in/research-development)
- Teaching and learning of science and mathematics from primary to undergraduate level
- Innovative curricula and assessment methods, experimental problem-solving in science
- Development of scientific and mathematical thinking in students at school and college level
- Design and technology in the curriculum
- Visual and spatial modes in learning
- Socio-cultural and gender factors in learning
- Science-Technology-Society-Environment Education
- Science of learning and new computational media
- Discipline-based education research in physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, astronomy and environmental science education
M.Sc. (in any subject), M.E., M. Tech or a Master’s degree (M.A./ M.S.W.) in any of the social/ behavioural sciences/ psychology/ linguistics/ sociology/ economics/ anthropology, M.Ed. with a science or social sciences/humanities undergraduate degree.
Exam Fee (Non-Refundable)
Male Candidate: ₹ 750 for online or manual applications. Female Candidate: ₹ 250 for online or manual applications.
- Application submission deadline: March 31, 2020
- Written test: May 10, 2020
- Interview: June 3rd week, 2020
- ₹ 31000/- per month till registration, ₹ 35000/- per month post-registration
- Additionally, 24% HRA in lieu of on-campus institute accommodation
- Annual contingency grant of ₹ 40000/-
- Mritunjay Sharma finished his B.Sc (H) from Kirori Mal College, Delhi University in Chemistry. After that he went to England to study Masters in Polymer Material Science and Engineering from University of Manchester and consequently finished his PhD in Nuclear and Materials Chemistry from University of Manchester
- Science and Technology2020.04.03COVID 19: An Indian drone company is leading the way for disease control measures
- Health and Food2020.03.12Coronavirus can be characterised as Pandemic: WHO
- Featured Article2020.03.11Genome India: Cataloguing the Genetic Variation in Indians
- Opportunities2020.03.08OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Women Scientist