Dr. Neena Gupta a Mathematics professor from ISI Kolkata has become the youngest recipient of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award at the age of 35. She was awarded for solving a 70-year-old mathematics problem called the Zariski Cancellation Problem. She is only the third woman to win the Bhatnagar award in the field of mathematics.
She was a visiting fellow at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). She has also received B.M. Birla Science Prize in Mathematics in 2017. The Swarna Jayanti Fellowship Award in 2015. Also, The Ramanujan Prize from the University of Madras in 2014.
Here are the works conducted by Dr. Neena Gupta on Zariski Cancellation Problem.
poster image source – researchmatters.in
- Mritunjay Sharma finished his B.Sc (H) from Kirori Mal College, Delhi University in Chemistry. After that he went to England to study Masters in Polymer Material Science and Engineering from University of Manchester and consequently finished his PhD in Nuclear and Materials Chemistry from University of Manchester
- Science and Technology2020.04.03COVID 19: An Indian drone company is leading the way for disease control measures
- Health and Food2020.03.12Coronavirus can be characterised as Pandemic: WHO
- Featured Article2020.03.11Genome India: Cataloguing the Genetic Variation in Indians
- Opportunities2020.03.08OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Women Scientist