Dr. Neena Gupta a Mathematics professor from ISI Kolkata has become the youngest recipient of the Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award at the age of 35. She was awarded for solving a 70-year-old mathematics problem called the Zariski Cancellation Problem. She is only the third woman to win the Bhatnagar award in the field of mathematics.
She was a visiting fellow at the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR). She has also received B.M. Birla Science Prize in Mathematics in 2017. The Swarna Jayanti Fellowship Award in 2015. Also, The Ramanujan Prize from the University of Madras in 2014.
Here are the works conducted by Dr. Neena Gupta on Zariski Cancellation Problem.
poster image source – researchmatters.in
- Mritunjay Sharma finished his B.Sc (H) from Kirori Mal College, Delhi University in Chemistry. After that he went to England to study Masters in Polymer Material Science and Engineering from University of Manchester and consequently finished his PhD in Nuclear and Materials Chemistry from University of Manchester
- Education2019.12.29National List of Essential Medicines – India
- Environment2019.12.28What is Atal Bhujal Yojana?
- Environment2019.12.12Schemes for Installation and Use of Solar Energy Systems in Rural and Urban areas
- Science News2019.12.11Dr. Neena Gupta became the youngest Bhatnagar awardee in mathematical sciences