Do you know that the Indian Army is the world’s second largest after China with the strength of 1.4 million? When most of us know a very little about the Indian Army, let me tell you that it is not just a group of some people holding rifles and wearing military outfits. It’s way more than this. But how much do you know about Indian Army?
Our research is done and here we are with certain facts about the Indian Army which you should definitely check.
Test yourself if you know this all.
- Indian Army is the second largest army in the world after China. The United States ranks third.
- India has the biggest voluntary army in the world. This means that people have not been forced to join but all the people have willingly joined.
- India controls the highest battlefield in the world even at the Siachen glacier which is 5000 meters above the sea level.
- Indian military is known for its valor but barely does anyone know that MES or Military Engineering Services is actually one of the biggest construction agencies in entire India.
- The highest military honor in India is the Param Veer Chakra. 21 Indian soldiers have received Param Veer Chakra till date among which 14 received the award posthumously.
- At the age of 19, Royal Indian Army’s Sepoy Kamal Ram received the Victoria Cross for valor after World War II, making him the youngest Indian to ever receive that honor.
- The only navy to operate more than one (actually two) completely functional aircraft carriers in waters surrounding the Indian Subcontinent is India.
- Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) is known for manufacturing HF-24 Marut which is India’s first indigenous fighter-bomber. HAL is the largest aerospace company in entire Asia.