3D printing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects using a digital file. 3D printing is time-saving and uses less material than traditional approaches.
3D printed Prosthetics
Engineers have been able to develop 3D printed prosthetics which are completely customized to wear. A traditional prosthetic hand can cost up to a thousand dollars but the 3D printed prosthetic just cost $50. However, it is important to note that the 3D printed prosthetics need to match up the durability of the traditional prosthetics.
3D printed Homes
An affordable home is a dream of many but it is tough to build one due to the high costs involved in the construction process. A construction tech company ICON with the help of a housing charity organization is building an affordable house for $4000 using their own 3D printing robot.
3D printed Food
A lot of people might feel skeptic about the food printed not even prepared by a machine. Companies are determined enough to create 3D printed food. BeeHex is making 3D printed pizza and Dylan’s candy house is making edible candies using the 3D printing technology.
3D printed Homes in Space
NASA has made its intention clear for reaching on the moon and creating a habitable space for human beings. NASA also invited a 3D printed habitat challenge for making homes on Mars.
- Mritunjay Sharma finished his B.Sc (H) from Kirori Mal College, Delhi University in Chemistry. After that he went to England to study Masters in Polymer Material Science and Engineering from University of Manchester and consequently finished his PhD in Nuclear and Materials Chemistry from University of Manchester
- Science and Technology2019.08.10India March for Science – Podcast Prof. Soumitro Banerjee
- Science and Technology2019.08.10India March for Science – Letter to the Prime Minister of India
- Science and Technology2019.08.02Researchers of Delhi University brewing a movement to fight for their rights
- Science and Technology2019.07.28Prof. Tarun Kumar Das met a delegation of six Research Scholars from different departments of DU to discuss their demands.