The Newton Bhabha PhD Placement Programme is an initiative of British Counci, Department of Science and Technology (DST) and Department of Biotechnology (DBT). The programme provides a placement to the India PhD scholars in a UK university. It is aimed at capacity building of individuals, increase cultural understanding and foster sustainable research collaborations. For the year 2018-19 the applications are closed 27 students are selected under British council and DST; 31 students are selected under British Council and DBT. Three scholars from universities of UK will come to India under this programme.
Eligibility for the Indian Nationals
The programme is open for Indian nationals enrolled at Indian Higher education institutions with the following requirements:
- INSPIRE PhD Senior Research Fellows (SRFs) of Batch 2015 – STEM and Life Sciences.
- PhD Scholars (other than INSPIRE Fellows) who have qualified through a national level test and are pursuing PhD in mid second or third year of Life Sciences. The following national level tests are considered: CSIR/UGC-NET, GATE, BET, ICMR-NET, ICAR-NET.
Given below are the things that are covered under the programme :
- visa fee
- economy class international airfares (from and to country of residence)
- overseas medical insurance incurred by applicants
- in-country costs including accommodation (as per details provided in call guidelines)
- a stipend paid monthly
- bench fees (if applied for) by UK host University
The closing date of the application is normally the end of July or first week of August.
You can find out about the application procedure on the following link.
- Featured Article2019.09.11Microbiome in the human ‘Cervicovagina’
- Opportunities2019.09.08Research positions in the SERB sponsored research project ‘Probing New Physics Interactions’
- Featured Article2019.09.01Microbiome and Women’s Health: Unforeseen Relationship – Part I
- Science and Technology2019.08.23COESHA – A healthcare startup.