A research scholar came out with complaints against his supervisor and wrote a letter to the PMO. The letter can be read here http://afflatus.co.in/a-letter-to-prime-minister-by-research-student/.
The letter contained a description of the callous behaviour of the supervisor. The harassment perpetrated by the supervisor in the form of verbal taunting and not giving the name of the researcher as the first author which the researcher deserved.
An internal committee of IIT Guwahati let the guilty scot-free. This shows how powerful the lobby of the academics is and how precarious is the situation of the research scholars in our country. The research scholar was also stripped off of the scholarship which he deserved. Here is the verdict passed by the committee. Do read the article and the verdict by the committee to make an informed decision by yourself.
- Mritunjay Sharma finished his B.Sc (H) from Kirori Mal College, Delhi University in Chemistry. After that he went to England to study Masters in Polymer Material Science and Engineering from University of Manchester and consequently finished his PhD in Nuclear and Materials Chemistry from University of Manchester
- Science and Technology2020.04.03COVID 19: An Indian drone company is leading the way for disease control measures
- Health and Food2020.03.12Coronavirus can be characterised as Pandemic: WHO
- Featured Article2020.03.11Genome India: Cataloguing the Genetic Variation in Indians
- Opportunities2020.03.08OWSD Early Career Fellowship for Women Scientist