Applications are invited for research positions in the SERB sponsored research project ‘Probing New Physics Interactions’ (CRG/2018/004889) with the following collaborators:
• Bhattacharya, Satyaki (SINP)
• Choudhury, Debajyoti (Dept of Phy & Astrophy DU)
• Dahiya, Mamta (SGTBKC, DU)
• Dutta, Sukanta (SGTBKC, DU), PI
• Goyal, Ashok (Retd., DU)
• Mondal, Tanumoy (Uppsala Univ. Sweden)
Junior Research Fellow (2 Positions):
M.Sc. in Physics with 60% and above from a recognized University/Institution and qualified in at least one of
the National Level Test UGC-CSIR-NET(JRF/LS)/GATE/JEST. Those eligible for INSPIRE fellowship may
also apply. Experience in Quantum Field Theory/High Energy Physics will be preferable. Programming skill
in C++/ Python will be an added advantage. Candidates with their MSc results awaited are also eligible.
The selected JRF applicant would be required to register for PhD at University of Delhi.
Note that JRF selection is NOT same as selection for PhD admission. Interested candidates should apply here for PhD at University of Delhi and are advised to refer to bulletin for admission eligibility and deadlines.
Research Associate (2 Positions):
PhD. in Particle Physics with expertise in High Energy Physics phenomenology. Some knowledge of Machine learning techniques in HEP will be an added advantage. Candidates who have submitted their thesis but are yet to receive the degree can also apply.
Fellowship and Allowances:
As per the existing guidelines issued by SERB.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should email their application (in PDF format) to SERB.email@example.com with the following documents:
• complete curriculum vitae providing information about her/his academic record, courses taken in M.Sc. (the last, only for JRF) and research publications if any.
• A single merged PDF file of the self-attested scanned copy of the mark sheets (XII onward), date of birth proof and award of the UGC-CSIR-NET/GATE/JEST/INSPIRE Fellowship.
• Scanned self-attested copy of the PhD. Degree (for RA, if available).
The application should be supported by two letters of reference to be sent directly to the same email address before the last date of submission. The names and full particulars (affiliation, email, telephone number) of the referees should be mentioned in the application.
Project Details :
In this project, we plan to
• investigate the ability of present and future colliders in unraveling physics operative at high scales in a model-independent manner, especially through the use of effective field theories.
• identify well-motivated dark matter candidates satisfying each of astrophysical and cosmological constraints while being in compliance with direct and indirect detection experiments.
• investigate the discrepancies in the flavor sector in the light of ongoing and future runs of the LHCb as well as from the Belle-II detector.
• perform a robust analysis of the data for all the above experiments using machine learning techniques, in particular, deep learning networks.
Contact: Sukanta Dutta
Letters of Reference should be sent to: SERB.firstname.lastname@example.org